Saturday, March 28, 2015

Poisons

Here I am, staring through the windows of my rolling box of metal, while I rid myself of the scent of the day's sweat and grime through the drifting chemicals that are congregating all around me. I bathe in the smoke and pick my brain for any sort of clue as to what created such senseless madness that's seemed to follow my every step as of late. Energies as poisonous as the breaths I take from the chemical tube creep and linger quietly in my shadow, showing their cackling, malicious faces at the most unexpected of times. 

These energies cannot be combatted or ignored, for they are not tangible to me, and seem to surface from an absence of existence. 

I sit and ponder the fantasy beings that are slowly chiseling away at my head, and hope that maybe, just maybe, the paper between my lips will help distract me from them for long enough to regain the sliver of sanity left within me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment